From: <neilak@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Hi Neil Kruiswyk was [FlyRotary] Re: Plugs down
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:01:54 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Hi Ed,

                We still have the 7… for the moment but it is on the block and the offers are starting to come in.  Jim was starting  to get restless and you know all about idle hands and the Devil so we decided to start a new challenge.

We picked up a Volmer (See attached example) from a local friend who had lost interest in flying.  It needs a little work but that is the whole idea.  We also thought it might be a little under powered with an O-200 (Jim and I are not exactly feather weights) and  I just happen to have a spare 13B in flying condition from the Lancair…..   VIOLA… a new challenge!!!

This one will be Plugs-normal, pan mounted with the rubbers between the pan mount and the pylon.  We’re still in the head-scratching stage but ideas are starting to solidify.  I’ll post pictures as progress continues.

If we still have the 7 in April, we’ll have to hold court at S&F again.

Neil