From: Bulent Aliev <atlasyts@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] starter
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 21:30:41 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Sorry to hear about your starter problem John. I remember chasing countless little gremlins for couple of years. Even the smallest thing can take weeks to discover the cause of the problem. But looks like we like the process :). I'm waiting to get back my electric nose gear retract from the factory. It was there for warranty repairs. In the mean time i'm plotting my next engine. A PP 13B. It never ends.....
Good luck on your installation and send some pictures.
Buly
On Jan 13, 2007, at 6:06 PM, John Downing wrote:

Buly;  As you are rather quite lately, I'll tell you that Ole Murph is still out there.  I hooked up the battery today and discovered that I have a dead short in the starter solenoid the minute the master is turned on, so off to the starter shop Monday to find out what is happening inside that thing.  It doesn't crank, so all the normal things don't seem to apply in checking it out, so it is a new one on me.  JohnD