From: kevin lane <n3773@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: SNF Open Flight Line Policy
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:52:27 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
one year when I flew in to snf a lancair had run off the end of the runway.  we were instructed to circle lake parker(?).  I orbited 16 times!  my gps screen looked like a ball of yarn.  what was scary was the number of "fellow" pilots that seemed unable to fly around the shoreline at 80mph, 1200', and follow the plane ahead.  maybe they all wanted to do 25 laps, or watch too much NASCAR.  these people were also going to land overhead or behind me when the runway finally got cleared.  I got off the runway pronto after landing.   zephyr hills sounds like a good idea.    kevin  (snf 1998,99,00,01)