From: Finn Lassen <finn.lassen@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Prop windmilling
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:31:05 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
No argument there. I just stated the facts from my experience.

Finn

Mark R Steitle wrote:

Finn,

Not intending to start a feud here, but it was my understanding that there is less drag created by a stopped prop compared to a spinning prop.  If this is true, and if your intention is to maximize your glide in the event of an engine out situation, then it seems that a psru would be an advantage over direct drive.

Mark S.