From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@intldata.ca>
Subject: RE: Windmilling ... was EAA 782 meeting
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:17:23 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

Thanks Rusty and Finn, glad to hear that they don’t tend to windmill … I have the 2.85 drive.

Can’t say I understand why they don’t, as the relative force to turn over the Rotary is significantly less than a Lycoming or any other auto conversion.

The Lycoming won’t windmill either, but they can be air-started in a dive.

Jeff (hoping to never experience either)