From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Planetary gear re-drive
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:02:52 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I'm sure that Dodge & Chevy gears are fine but anecdotal stories like this are very suspect.  Most transmission problems are related to lubrication failure (clogged filters & ports, overheated transmission fluid etc) and is is unrealistic to think that only Ford owners fail to change their transmission fluid & filters and never overheat their transmissions.   It ain't only Fords visiting those Aamco shops  : )

Tracy (fearing a visit to my orthopedic surgeon.  Transmission is fine but ball joint is acting up )

Ken talked about a friend who is a top

authority on transmissions and his love of ford t-6 gear systems, because

they keep him well employed.  he said this friend proceeded to show him a 55

gallon barrel of broken parts, not a Chevy or dodge part in there, all ford.

Gee; thanks.  Really ups my confidence flying a 20B with a Ford C-6

planetary reduction:).

Al