From: Russell Duffy <rusty@radrotary.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Cockpit heat
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:04:54 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
One of the things I did was to install a fuel valve from a Cessna 210 which is a double valve to allow excess fuel flow to be returned to the tank you are feeding from.  Works great on the T-210, however, in this application there is a need for a small accumulator as the engine quits no matter how fast you switch tanks!  So for now I switch tanks at idle power.

Sounds exciting :-)  Fuel pressure is a pretty real time thing in fuel injected engines, but I'm surprised you can't switch tanks fast enough to keep it running.  Seems like someone else would have mentioned this before.

Still have that vibration.  It seems to have something to do with power as I can dive at all speeds up to 200mph indicated and don't have it. Under power it definitely increases in intensity in a skid.

The CCI mount has pretty stiff dampeners, and I bet this is just some sort of resonant vibration in the airframe.  RV-8's are fairly well known for this with a Lycoming, and you can scare yourself by just moving your feet to different spots on the floor.  It's amazing how you can change the vibration level by just varying the pressure in certain spots on the floor.

 Congratulations on the RV-8.  Look forward to a picture of two.  May even pop down to see it sometime when you are going to be at the airport.

Thanks, but the picture or two ain't much to look at.  You can see a few pics and the first takeoff clip at- http://www.radrotary.com

Bob (the guy who flew up there with me) has already mentioned wanting to fly back up when I get my -8 out of it's experimental area.  You've got a really nice area to fly in, and I'm sure the airport will make Mrs. Garmin worry (terrain, terrain, pull up. pull up <g>).   I somehow managed (mercifully) to only get a 25 hour test period, so it won't be long.

Cheers,
Rusty