From: Mark R Steitle <mark.steitle@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Cockpit heat
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:47:38 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Rich,
I fabricated a simple heater box using an early Mustang heater core.
They're small, well built, and available through most Mustang parts
sources for about $25.  They also carry molded foam rubber end cushions
that solved the problem of how to mount the core in the housing.

For the fan, I used a 6" muffin fan and a PWM motor controller, both
from MPJA.com.  It has three outlets, defrost, front passenger heat, and
rear passenger heat.  The amount of heat is controlled by either the fan
speed or the inline flow control valve, available from NAPA.

Mark S.