From: Bulent Aliev <atlasyts@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Questions
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:11:19 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On Nov 12, 2006, at 11:54 PM, Tracy Crook wrote:

I think Dennis meant page 4 of the EM2 display (which is correct).  Press button 1 (up) to increment the page or button 2 (down) to decrement the page.  Have you ever looked at anything but pg 1?  You can also see both EGTs in bargraph form on page 1.  Are they very far apart?  The color of the exhaust suggests a BIG difference.  1750 EGT is normal at full throttle.

On the Page 1 all I can see is one set of numbers under EGT and 2 under that. I assumed only the hottest rotor pops up, so I can see one at the time.

No, you can not copy B to A.  Before you reset the A controller, find out WHY the engine runs better on B than A.  Making changes without knowing what and why you are making them is a sure way to get things hopelessly confused.  It should be easy to tell why one runs better than the other.  It has to be either mixture or timing adjustment.  You mentioned a mixture imbalance between rotors.  Did you happen to adjust mode 4 or 5?  These are the independent rotor mixture adjustments.  Try resetting mode 4 to default and see if they balance out.

Tracy

I'll try again later in the week with your suggestions.
Thanks Tracy.
Buly