From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: ReSetting Default MAP on EC2 was [FlyRotary] Questions
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:04:52 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Buly

Sounds like things are sounding good {:>).

Buly, I could be wrong, but I don't think you can copy map from B controller to A controller - only the otherway around.

If I understand you correctly, you are finding that your engine runs better on Controller B rather than A.  I presume that Controller B is still in its default settings ( meaning you have not tried to change its fuel MAP as you probably have with controller A).

If that is correct, then all you should need to do is return controller A to its default condition which should be the same as controller B default and then controller A should provide what you want.

 To do this, power to the EC2 and injectors must be OFF - BUT, the injector disable switches should BOTH be set to ON (You may need to pull a CB to remove power from your injectors with the injector switches in the ON position).
If either of your disable switches are turned off while doing this it grounds the cold start circuit - and if you reset the controller in this condition, it resets the MAP default to Tracy Crook's PERSONAL default MAP rather than the generic default of controller B.

You set the switch to controller A and put the mode selector to mode "1" (one).  You then push in the program button and hold it in while you turn power on to the EC2 controller.  Release program button after 2-3 seconds and you should have mode A programmed to its default.

The reason you need to remove power from the injectors or otherwise make certain there is no 12V to the injectors  (by means OTHER  than using the injector disable switches) is there is a sneak circuit in the EC2 which can provide power to the EC2 through the power feed to the injectors - even though your EC2 power switch may be off.  If that configuration exists, then you may think you are holding the program button before you apply power - but in reality power is already there and therefore, you will not be successful in causing the controller to go into the default MAP mode.  Now if you only have one switch that removes power both to the EC2 AND the injectors (like say a MASTER switch) then that is the only switch you need to worry about.

Can't help with the EM2 as I don't have one.

1750F at full throttle is not unreasonable.  EGT can vary from installation to installation depending on what type of EGT probes you use and how far they are positioned from the exhaust port.  The closer generally the hotter, long probes which protrude further into the exhaust flow will also show hotter temps.

Hope this helps

Ed
Ed Anderson
Rv-6A N494BW Rotary Powered