From: Dale Rogers <dale.r@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: What size CB or fuses.. EC 2 items..
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:35:21 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Wendell Voto wrote:

In order to properly select the right CB and wire size combination, one must know the acceptable voltage drop for the item being powered.  Also, the amount of power dissipation that is acceptable in the wire (how hot do you want it to get). These concerns are what give me the most grief because they are usually unknown.

Wendell

Wendell,

   Sorry this took me so long to find, but I knew
that I had seen a chart that shows a relationship
among current, wire size, run length, and
temperature rise.  Sure enough, it was in Bob
Nuckolls's AEC.  It's on a one page PDF file at:

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles.html

click on the fifth entry, "pdf wire size chart".

That at least leaves only the acceptable voltage
drop as an unknown variable.

Dale R.