From: Dale Rogers <dale.r@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Back in the air
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:46:26 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Todd Bartrim wrote:
Message
Jeez, good work Chuck;
    As I keep my airplane outside I know what it's like working outside, out of small tool boxes, always seem to be missing something, no work benches, etc. So I can really appreciate your accomplishment. I mean with somebody like Ed, we expect it (you're down to what?? 4 hours re&re now Ed? :-).
    Seriously though, I'm glad you got it up & back home and am interested in any damage reports.

Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B RV-9

Todd,

   Get the largest roll-around tool chest you can find that still isn't
taller than - say - a  bar top.  DO NOT PUT ANOTHER TOOL
BOX ON TOP OF IT.  Fit a piece of masonite onto the top for
a work surface.  If you have need for a medium-sized vise, cut a
piece of 1/8" steel to reinforce the underside of one corner of the
top; drill your holes and mount the vise so it hangs over one end.

   I started doing this 28 years ago with a 13 drawer Craftsman
roll-around.  Being able to roll around your own workbench and a
substantial array of tools is a god-send.

Dale R.