From: <peon@pacific.net.au>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] EWP Magazine Article was Re: EWP adapter pics
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:54:59 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Yair G'Day Rusty,

On 17 Oct 2002, at 19:08, 13brv3@mchsi.com wrote:

SNIP>>

> What troubles me to this day, is not the mathematical skeptics,
but
> the fact that I can't find one single 3rd party test of these pumps
on
> a street vehicle.  I've searched online, with no joy.  If these things
> have been out since 99, where are the reports?  Unfortunately, the
> only comments I've been able to find aren't exactly what I'd call
> unrestrained praise, though I never saw anyone post that they just
> didn't work.  I want to believe, but I need to see some test
results.
> Leon's report should be very interesting, and I look forward to it.
>
> Cheers,
> Rusty
> Turbo 13B powered RV-3... Be Afraid :-)
> 1993 RX-7 R1... Stock (for now)

Mate,  stay tuned.  I intend to do a comprehensive article on the
EWP,  initially based around the car scene here in Oz.  I'll also
have a LOT of test data collected from on the road running,
chassis dyno,  and engine dyno analysis..

The big issue (and hold-up) is finishing the data logger.  I had some
people out at the University of Western Sydney promise me the
world,  but it never eventuated.

I've now bitten the bullet and I'm currently working with some
associates who are putting the finishing touches to it,  and it
should be ready in a couple of weeks.  The software is all done,
and we are just making a final selection of A/D and Digital I/O
cards. When I return,  I'll calibrate all the sensors,  and then I will
get down to some serious testing.

But it has to wait,  as I have a bunch of other things to which I
must attend over the next month (as well as taking a bit of a rest),
and which have nothing to do with either cars or aircraft.

So stay tuned ...

Cheers mate!!

Leon Promet