From: Neil A. Kruiswyk <neilak@rogers.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP adapter pics
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:02:07 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

Either Ed is asleep or I am.  The 5/8" recirc hole is in the water pump
body.  Todd's super-looking adapter replaces the water pump body so the
hole goes bye-bye.  Since the EWP is temperature regulated, why would
you add a bypass hole?

Neil K.

ZZZZZZ

Ed wrote...
  I do have a question.  If you recall -the stock Mazda water pump has a
5/8" dia hole for recirulating water through the engine while the
thermostat
is still closed.  Once the coolant heats up, the thermostat opens and
also
"plugs" this 5/8" hole.  Racing Beat (amongst others) state that if you
do
not use a thermostat and fail to plug this hole you can loss 20% of your
cooling effectivness.  So the question is do you plug this hole or not?

Ed Anderson