From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP adapter pics
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:01:23 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

  I do have a question.  If you recall -the stock Mazda water pump has a
5/8" dia hole for recirulating water through the engine while the thermostat
is still closed.  Once the coolant heats up, the thermostat opens and also
"plugs" this 5/8" hole.  Racing Beat (amongst others) state that if you do
not use a thermostat and fail to plug this hole you can loss 20% of your
cooling effectivness.  So the question is do you plug this hole or not?

Ed Anderson

Ed,

I imagine the hole is open, but it's also sitting in a box in the corner of
the garage :-)

Since he's removing the entire water pump housing, the whole silly
thermostat business is gone. Doesn't that just leave you with a simple
g'sinta and g'souta?

Rusty