From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] EWP adapter pics
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:08:47 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
One of the main benefits of this EWP is the weight savings by removing the
mechanical pump. However, unfortunately the kit doesn't provide any sort of
adapter,
----------------------

I was just looking at the Davies Craig site last night, and thinking of what
it would take to install this thing.  That's a fantastic adaptor Todd!  I
certainly envy your ability to just whip something like this out, and I
can't believe you did that in just an evening.

As some of you may recall, I declared that I was going to use an EWP a few
months ago, but really haven't thought that much about it since.  Back when
I was looking at these, I decided that I'd probably go with one of the
Meziere units, partly because they offer a 13B adaptor plate already. They
don't offer the controller though.

Todd, does it look like the controller would work with any electric pump?  I
can't see why it wouldn't.  I've also thought that you could use a two speed
arrangement with a temp switch.  Maybe set the pump to continuously run at
some minimum speed, but use a temp switch to bump it up to max speed when
needed.

What troubles me to this day, is not the mathematical skeptics, but the fact
that I can't find one single 3rd party test of these pumps on a street
vehicle.  I've searched online, with no joy.  If these things have been out
since 99, where are the reports?  Unfortunately, the only comments I've been
able to find aren't exactly what I'd call unrestrained praise, though I
never saw anyone post that they just didn't work.  I want to believe, but I
need to see some test results.  Leon's report should be very interesting,
and I look forward to it.

Cheers,
Rusty
Turbo 13B powered RV-3... Be Afraid :-)