From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Katrina
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:28:58 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
Now I feel bad about joking us S. Florida folks sending Katrina up to you gulf guys.
I hope you all come out of it ok. Please let us know how you fair.

Hi John,

It never hurts to joke about these things.  The storm's gonna do what it's gonna do, so we might as well try to find some humor in it.  This is turning out to be one HUGE storm, though.  Fortunately for me, it's still predicted to go west of us by a reasonably safe margin.  Assuming there's no unexpected turning, I'm cautiously optimistic that we won't get more than tropical storm winds.  I'd be willing to bet this will take over the number one spot for costliest storms of all time.

Rusty - did you sell the RV?

Maybe.  He's certainly interested, but we decided he should take a week to think about it, so I should have an answer by next weekend.  He's a nice guy, with lots of experimental experience, and at least two previous RV-3's.  He's also an A&P.  He's been on the other list for a while, but didn't know about this one, so I sent him the info to join up.  Hopefully he will, because he'll end up with a rotary eventually, whether he buys mine or not.

Cheers,
Rusty (WNW is good)