From: Tracy Crook <lors01@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP water pump
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:14:06 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

> Posted for Jim Sower <canarder@starband.net>:
> I don't think we can estimate squat.  If we could find a coolant
> flow transducer in a maybe 35-40 mm line, Tracy and Ed could
> patch it into their radiator hoses and measure what the
> by-gawd-for-really flow is under various conditions.  That done,
> it would be simple enough to get some various EWPs patched into
> the system and find out just how much electrical power it takes
> to generate that flow.  For the reference flow figures, the
> airplane would have to be flying under the conditions tested.
> For the EWP test, the engine wouldn't even have to be running.
> Simple as that (not to be confused with easy ... :o)
> Just a theory .... Jim S.

To compare the stock pump with the EWP in a given system you really don't
need a fancy flow meter.  Just measure the pressure drop through the system
with a pressure gauge between pump outlet and after the rad.  The higher the
pressure, the higher the flow is.

Tracy Crook
tcrook@rotaryaviation.com
www.rotaryaviation.com