From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP water pump
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:26:08 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for Jim Sower <canarder@starband.net>:
I don't think we can estimate squat.  If we could find a coolant
flow transducer in a maybe 35-40 mm line, Tracy and Ed could
patch it into their radiator hoses and measure what the
by-gawd-for-really flow is under various conditions.  That done,
it would be simple enough to get some various EWPs patched into
the system and find out just how much electrical power it takes
to generate that flow.  For the reference flow figures, the
airplane would have to be flying under the conditions tested.
For the EWP test, the engine wouldn't even have to be running.
Simple as that (not to be confused with easy ... :o)
Just a theory .... Jim S.