From: Bartrim, Todd <sbartrim@mail.canfor.ca>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP water pump
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:03:30 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
RE: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP water pump

    > I thought that in a closed system there was no head pressure.

        As Tracy has said, the pump sees system friction as head pressure, however by pumping from a container, through the system and into a container we will see those pressures plus those induced by the container that we are drawing from. Even if the level in this container was kept constant, to provide constant head to the intake, while the output was measured, I still doubt that we could get any meaningful data.

        I still think that the only meaningful data would be obtained by using a non-restrictive flowmeter in a closed system. I will attempt to get this, however I think that all the numbers that can be obtained will mean less than the answer to a simple question: "Does it work?" yes or no.

S. Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B rotary powered
RX-9endurance (FWF)
C-FSTB (reserved)