From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]20B overhaul
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 01:10:00 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Bob Darrah" <RDarrah@austin.rr.com>:

My question is:  when do I need to separate the e-shaft?   My
understanding is that the shaft must be separated in order to complete
disassembly.  Is the separation between the 1st and 2nd concentrics or
the 2nd and 3rd ?

Fred Vandeman

Fred, this is from memory, soo

Loosen all bolts a half turn or so per the video.
Remove all bolts from the waterpump end, they should be about 6" long.
Remove the long bolts from the flywheel end.  They should be about 18" long.
How do you know which are the long ones?  It's easy.  You take one out, if
it is about 12" long, put it back in finger tight.  Actually, if it goes end
to end to a bolt from the waterpump end, it will be a 12" bolt.  I'd pull
them all out to make sure-You  want to get ALL the long bolts out and
probably need to leave in only about 4 of the medium  bolts, You just want
to hold the two rotor assemblies together until you are ready to take it
apart.

Now you can remove the waterpump end housing.  NOTE:  there are 2 of the
dowel pins that have been ground down about .005" dia on one end.  I think
the ground end goes in that end housing, but check when you take it apart to
make sure.  Now, after you remove the end housing, the rotor housing, and
bagged all the seals' removed and marked the rotor, you are ready to split
the shaft before you remove all the 12" bolts.

It's a piece of cake!

Good luck

Bob Darrah