From: Perry Mick <pjmick@mail.viclink.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Why insist on a sump?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:03:33 -0700
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I should clarify, my sump system is not like the stock Velocity system. I have the stock Long-EZ fuel system, in place of a gascolator I have the small 1 gallon sump tank with two EFI internal pumps and fuel return to sump. The stock Long-EZ system is: fuel lines from both tanks run forward to a L-R fuel selector valve on the lower instrument panel, and the selected tank then runs rearward to the gascolator (sump in my case). I do not have an issue with uneven feeding of L/R tanks because only one is selected. This is the issue Jim S. has had with sumps on a non-EFI plane.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I think my system is incredibly simple! Caveat: if anyone copies this system, PLEASE vent your sump.

Perry

Dave wrote:

The reason for the sump in my case is that it is "per plans". While experimenting is wonderful, there is usually a reason for the way the plans were made the way they were.. That being said.. Per plans didnt include the rotary engine, but there are fuel injected aviation engines out there and I presume some have return type fuel systems.

Dave