From: Ken Welter <rotary.coot@verizon.net>
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: Oil pressure
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 19:00:56 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
[FlyRotary] Re: Oil pressure
   Anyone out there have an opinion if 125 psi is to high for the oil
pressure ???

Hi Ken,   I don't know for sure, but I'd bet the race boys run that much.  We just don't need it at our rpms though.

  I just installed a new engine and all my other ones ran at about 80
to 90 psi and this one is 125, I don't know why as all the plumbing
is the same.

Did you re-use your old pressure regulator in the rear housing, or is it one you haven't used before?  The REW regulators are quite a bit higher pressure than the old 2nd gen, and they make some aftermarket versions that are even higher I think.  If all the plumbing is the same, I just can't see how the pressure would be that much higher unless your regulator is causing it.
Cheers,
Rusty (.53 ips, but soon to fall)

  The rear regulator is blocked off and I have an external regulator, all which is the same as before and have run for several hundred hrs.
 Now I will see how I can make the external regulator flow more oil, its nice to have the regulator right there to work on and to adjust.
 Also note that I have two stock oil cooler running parallel and I have a valve to shut one down for cold weather and if I shut one down the oil pressure will drop to 90 psi even though the oil temp goes up, this is do to more back pressure and more restriction before it gets to the engine and regulator.
  Ken Welter