From: <atlasyts@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Why insist on a sump? (was: Sump tank - Velocity version)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 19:41:44 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
You da Man Bill. I was getting tired deleating all that. I have a 6 port valve and the fuel always returns to the tank it's comming from. All pumps, filter, fuel lines etc. are below the lowest point of my tanks and in such a way that any bubbles before the pumps can go only up in to the tanks.
I equalise the tank pressure by leading the two 1/4: vents into a manifold high on the firewall. From there two lines go down below the strakes into the air stream. If one is compleatly blocked, the other one will provide equal pressure to both tanks, and acts also as a syphon break.
Any bubbles after the pumps will be blown back into the tanks.
Buly

BTW I'm ready for the ARPA inspectors to do my final inspection. Any takers? :)