From: randy echtinaw <rjechtinaw@ia4u.net>
Subject: Group status
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:03:24 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Gentlemen,
    I first have to say how throughly enjoyable it is watching this process unfold on my computer screen. I have belonged to several on-line aircraft groups that self destruct because of ego's and tempers. Everyone loses when that happens. You are doing a fantastic job!
    I understand you guys doing the design, build, test, fail, redesign, rebuild, retest would not want some group to stop by your shop and give your project a "go"/no-go" decision. Especially if it effects your ability to fly or get insurance. Unless I am missing the boat here, it is you, the true designers and experimeters that are paving the way for the rest of us.  I am sure there are a lot of us on this list, the 2nd generation rotary engine users. We don't want to do any design or experimental work and probably couldn't if we wanted to. What we want/need is to have access to information, correct information, on how-to,  where to,  when to, or what to use. We have a great resource in the internet to post pictures for review and ask questions but sometimes, "we don't know what we don't know" so what do we ask?
   Wether you realize it or not you guys are going to answer the questions, write the manuals, design the parts, market the parts and set the standards for the rest of us to adhere to.  And, as far as creating a group of "rotary police", they already exist - - they are you gentlemen, they are you.
   I am glad to be associated with this group.
Randy