From: WALTER B KERR <jbker@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EC2 problems ( Warranty work)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:37:42 -0400
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:20:44 -0500 David Staten <Dastaten@earthlink.net> writes:

John Slade wrote:
.
Good and bad news snipped
This might save you a LOT of warranty work.

Regards,
John

I just want to point out that "warranty work" usually covers only defects in workmanship of the manufacturer. Not the mistakes of a novice or non-pro installer. Not to disrespect you, John, but I would be VERY gracious that Tracy has done so much "free" work supporting your install. I can only hope and pray I am not quite the beta tester you are :).

Good luck.. lets get it flying again!
Dave

----------------------------------
Dave,
I agree with your statements and do not believe that Tracy can continue to provide support in his current fashion. He has been unbelievably gracious to me. It was not a wiring mistake that burned my chips in the EC2 but I believe a faulty DPDT switch, but Tracy changed them out without a wimper to me (OK maybe to Laura).

Once again, think he could save himself and maybe customers later on the grief of fixing burned parts if there was better ( read for illiterate electronics dummies) documentation and warnings regarding faulty wiring.

I really appreciate what Bill D wrote:

         When you are dealing with an expensive piece of electronics, don't
be in a hurry to turn on the power.

1) Never work without a wiring diagram. Make your own if needed.
2) Carefully label each end of every wire as you lay it in place in the loom.
3) Double check the labels.
4) As you connect the device. Double check each connection against the
wiring diagram.
5) Before you connect a wire, check it with the multi-meter, if possible.
6) Check off each wire on the diagram as you connect it.
7) Come back a few minutes later and check everything one more time.
8) Check anything you can with a multi-meter before you turn on the power.
9) If it is a very expensive device, have a buddy double check your work
before you turn on the power.

         Think about how long you worked to earn the money to pay for the
device. Take an extra hour or so to make sure that you have the wires
connected correctly so you won't have to pay for the device a second time.

Off my soapbox and out to fly the 9A around the patch in 90 degree temps,
Bernie