From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine Failure Report from Chuck Dunlap
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:02:43 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

> So if one were using a supercharger instead of a
> turbocharger that it would still be putting out the
> same amount of an intake charge.
>
> I wonder how much would go through the unoperated
> rotor and how much would go through the running rotor.
> There could be a chance of a drastic overboost with a
> rotor going on a supercharged engine.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> Caleb Ramsby

Interesting consideration, Caleb.

    Certainly, the lower exhaust mass flow would have no effect on a
supercharger, however, as we know a supercharger draws all its energy
requirement from the engine useful HP.  Therefore, the question as I see it
is would the supercharger provide sufficiently more power with the remaining
one rotor to 1.  Cover the supercharger HP needs and 2. Provide adequate
boost to get more HP out of the one rotor.  Don't know, good question.

Ed Anderson