From: George Lendich <lendich@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Cooling -Learned a lot
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:53:10 +1000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

> > > Ed,
> > >  Many thanks for your reply.
> > > I too have been searching the net for a definitive text on liquid
cooled
> > > aircraft engine, theory and design but have not been able to find
> anything
> > > directly related to the subject of liquid cooled engines. Plenty of
> books
> > on
> > > Fluid Dynamics pertaining to jet engine design.
> > > Thanks for the link to the supplier in Asia, I found in other posts,
as
> > I'm
> > > in Australia I'll buy direct from them.
> > >
> > > I'm not actually building anything yet (except confidence and
> knowledge).
> > > I'm at that stage of trying to reconcile what I can really like as
> opposed
> > > to what I can really afford. Short list is, RV8, Mustang II, Aerocad,
or
> > > Team Tango, maybe Cozy IV if parts are available. Mazda Renesis will
be
> > the
> > > power source for whichever kit I choose. I'm just so grateful there
are
> so
> > > many guys working out all the problems with rotary engine installation
> who
> > > are willing to share their knowledge.
> > >
> > > Michael.
> >
> > Michael,
> > Where are you - I'm in Brisbane.
> > Have a look at the Vision, Plans Built.
> > George ( down under)
>
> Hi George,
> Great to hear from you.
> Yes I have looked at the Vision and it has a lot going for it. However I
> would like to be able to purchase pre made parts to speed up the building
> process, and not have to build everything myself. I don't think Steve Rahn
> is offering any preformed parts for the Vision.
>     In that respect the Aerocad is great as you can start with the plans
and
> then buy the parts you don't want to build yourself. I think the Cozy is
> similar to a lesser degree. But it will be 12 months at least before I
> committ to a project. This is the learning stage.
>     I'm in Temora, home of the "Flying Spitfire" NSW.
> Regards,
> Michael

Michael,
E-mail me privately, so as not to congest the rotary site, and I will tell
you what I'm doing locally.
Premade parts for the Vision are available - it just adds to the cost for us
poor Southerners.
As one Southern gentleman said to me in a broad Southern accent- 'What part
of the East Coast are you from" . I said, "I'm not from the East Coast, I'm
from down south" -"G.d damn - how far south !?' he asked.
True story ! and I've got plenty of them.
George (down under)
lendich@optusnet.com.au