From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuel Pump Plumbing
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:19:06 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
At 11:05 AM 6/18/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> Tracy,
> I could use a little direction on hooking up two RWS electric fuel
> pumps.  Do you have any pictures you can post showing how you plumbed your
> fuel pumps & filters?  Also, what size fittings/lines are on the pumps (in
> & out).  Are adapters needed to go from the pump to the filters.  You
> recommend using EFI filters.  What brand & p/n do you use/recommend.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark S.

I have stopped specifying the type of fittings on the fuel pumps because the
maker keeps changing them (three times now).  But they always come with
fittings or adapters that end up with a hose barb that fits 5/16" EFI fuel
line.  They may or may not come with threaded ends suitable for metric to AN
fittings.

I simply hooked them in parallel using T fittings (hose barbs on all ends).

Tracy Crook

>>  Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
>>  Archive:   http://lancaironline.net/lists/flyrotary/List.html
Tracy,
Thanks for the info.  I guess I'll just wait until I have the pumps in hand to order related hardware.

Any insight on filters.  The ones I've looked at for efi systems (example: Chevrolet p/u) have special o-ring type connectors that would require some special fittings.  Do you have a "favorite" that you prefer, or would any high-pressure efi filter do the job?  I guess its too much to expect to find a suitable filter with AN fittings for less than $100/ea.

Sorry to drag this out, but I would like to do this only once.  ;-)

Mark S.