From: Mark R Steitle <mark.steitle@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuel Filters
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:01:02 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

Rusty,

I searched my files (cardboard box) over the weekend and found the receipt for the fitting I used.  It came from www.anplumbing.com.  The interesting thing is that their p/n is 991995.  It looked like the one in the link I gave earlier.  Apparently, the fitting you have seals, I’m just unsure if it is the one made for that filter.  If it doesn’t leak, then I suppose it will work.  The good news is that they’re only $5.95/ea.

I believe this is the correct fitting because if you look into the female fitting on the GM fuel filter you will see a shoulder at the bottom of the threads.  This is where the o-ring seats.  From what you’ve said, it sounds like yours seals up at the top of the threads.  If it seals, then I guess all’s well.  On GM vehicles that use this filter, the fuel line is made to take a small o-ring that seats at the bottom of the threads.

From what I’ve researched, this fitting is used on “Saginaw” power steering pumps and some TBI efi systems.  Hence, the name Saginaw fitting.  The description in the anplumbing.com site calls it a Fuel Injection/Power Steering adapter, Male O-ring Seal.

Mark S.