From: Jerry Hey <jerryhey@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:22:26 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Ah So,   You can count on me to need the obvious clarified.   Jerry

On Friday, March 4, 2005, at 10:43  AM, Finn Lassen wrote:

EDWP: Engine Driven Water Pump
as compared to
EWP: Electric Water Pump

(those dammed engineers and their abbreviations :)
Finn

Jerry Hey wrote:

 What does the "D" in EDWP stand for?      Jerry

Bulent Aliev wrote:

Most of the people are trying to find solutions to non-existent problems.

Power.  We pay good money all over the place the get a few extra horses, or a little less drag.  Real world dyno test are showing up to 9Hp gains with the EWP, with most of the gains at high RPM (where we're at).

Weight.  We pay good money all over the place to loose a few ounces.  The EWP will save POUNDS.

Balance.  I consider lead in my tailpost a problem.

Configuration.  The EDWP just doesn't fit well in a lot of cases.

Reliability.  Belts are very reliable, IFF installed properly.  Very few of us have factory jigs to verify 100% accurate installation.  The EWP makes a backup pump easy.

 Homepage:  http://www.flyrotary.com/
 Archive:   http://lancaironline.net/lists/flyrotary/List.html