From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Fw: Light weigh intake system
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:47:27 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

 Hi Folks,

Here's a few photo of latest progress on a new intake system.  A minor
set back occured in that this was suppose to be the final plastic
plenum/throttle body
 mount/injector bosses casting.   However, due to a little chemical process
called
 exothermal (you fiberglass guys know all about this I'm told) produced
 bubbles in the plastic resin, so the casting is not usable - except to
use it to make  a better mold and cast another one.

 The front side will of course have holes cut to the tubes form the
 throttle body and also throttle body mounting holes/studs.  The back side
with the
 ledge will have four fuel injection holes drilled (one for each runner)
andthe fuel injectors and fuel rail mounted back there.  It will all set on
the pipes as seen

 There will be a metal plate (shown but not cut to final size) that will
hold the
 pipes and plenum together by bolting the plate onto the bottom of the
 casting.  I might just run a metal strap around the top and to the metal
 plate on each side just to be safe.  A step size in the runner holes will
 except an "O" ring around each tube and against the casting tube wall to
provide an air seal.

 But, it looks like it will  weigh less than half of my old manifold
 system, a lot cleaner and the fuel injectors away from the exhaust.
Waiting for more resin to pour the second casting .

 Also, the casting does not look smooth yet, because I have some bondo
 type filler stuff on it that I will sand down to a hopefully glass smooth
surface.  Also about 1" (or more) of the top of the throttle body flat
plate mounting area will come off.

Hopefully, I will have it completed this week and be flying with it within
another week or so.

 Best Regards

 Ed Anderson
Matthews, NC