From: Wendell Voto <jwvoto@itlnet.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Heating the Fuel
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:20:05 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Boiling the fuel? Isn't this the same as trying to re-refine the gasoline? I think this would cause all sorts of stuff to be distilled out and clog the fuel line. My $.02
Wendell

  To amplify why vapor lock is not an issue here (assuming we get adequate "tank cooling"), my plan was to cool the oil which gets to a much higher temp than the coolant.   I never got around to finding out the boiling point of gasoline (anyone here know?) but it was my HOPE that it would boil which would vastly increase the heat absorbed from the oil.  When the gasoline "steam" returned to the tank, it would immediately cool and condense to it's liquid state, even if the tank was almost empty.

Possible flaw is that some components of gasoline might be more volatile than others, remain in vapor state and escape from the tank vent.

Tracy (still dreaming of drag free cooling)