From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] source for Tracy's fuel setup
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 08:54:27 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

Posted for "John Slade" <sladerj@bellsouth.net>:
I have looked before I can't find any info regarding Tracy's current
fuel delivery configuration.  I'm looking for more info than was
included in the book.  I'm searching for routing from the tanks to the
injectors: placement/number/type of pumps, returns, gascolator?...
I would appreciate it if anyone can point me that direction.

Todd,
As I understand it the general layout is: fuel from right tank to one of the
pumps Tracy sells, gascolator, filter, rail. I'm not sure on location.
Return is to the right tank only. The left tank has a pipe to a facet pump
and then to the right tank for transfer. Tracy... correct me if I'm wrong.

While we're on fuel systems, I'm installing a completely redundant fuel
delivery system from each tank. I've been wondering if a couple of the
primer solenoids sold by Wicks would work to switch my returns on and off
depending on which pump/s I'm running. They're only 1/8 NPT. Problem is
they're normally closed, so I'd have to somehow turn the other one on if one
failed. I still can't find the ideal: a small, inexpensive, normally open,
3/8 AN solenoid valve. Any thoughts?
John Slade

[Take a look at the McMaster Carr catalog (www.mcmaster.com)... you'll probably find a 3/8NPT solenoid valve there.          <Marv>            ]