From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Windows viewable sketches (was Todd's Coolant Header Tank...)
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 22:43:13 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "David Carter" <dcarter@datarecall.net>:

Todd ( and/or others on all 3 lists who know how to create "Windows viewable
sketches",

This is a "builder documentation" and "builder put out sketches for peer
review" question/issue.

Todd, I looked at your pictures and the color sketch of your coolant system,
a .jpg file.

Did you do the sketch free hand and scan it?  Or, did you use some software
product to draw/sketch it?

With your .jpg file sketch opened and viewed by my Kodak "Imaging for
Windows", I studied the Help document and tried some things, to try to learn
how to "draw" - no luck.  The drawing toolbar at bottom is greyed out.
     -  I notice at the very top of screen, it says, after the icon for the
Imaging viewer software: "Coolant flow system.jpg - Imaging [Read Only]"
     -  Why would it be "Read Only"?  Is there a feature like in spreadsheets
which can be "locked" to prevent changing critical cells?
     -  Is my "bundled" software one of those damnable "lite" (less features)
versions of "real" software?

I have Intellicad, an Autocad clone, to create drawings with, but drawings
created that way require anyone wanting to view it to have a similar
software package, which many do not.

     -  So, I'm looking for a drawing tool other than Intellicad/Autocad that
can be viewed by anyone with Windows (and the typical viewers bundled with
it).

David Carter