From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Turbo Experience
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:04:49 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
If anyone needs turbo experience, I suggest that you buy a stock 3rd gen RX-7.
Read all about the normal 10-8-10 boost pattern, then install a boost gauge.
As soon as you see that you aren't getting the proper boost, your training will
begin.  The twin sequential turbo system of the FD is one of the best teachers
you can ask for.

FWIW, my plan is to leave the wastegate fully open for the first flights.  Even
then, I expect to get more boost than I want at sea level.  I will have a pop
off valve set at 2psi, and will attempt to control the throttle so that I never
need the pop off valve to do it's job. This should be easy for me, since I'm
way overpowered to begin with.  I will be wearing a nomex suit for all the
initial test flights, and will always wear a parachute.  Also, my test flight
area is over lots of military airfields with well equipped crash crews.  I'm
not taking this lightly.  With any luck, within a few months, I can answer a
lot of questions about using a stock turbo.

Cheers,
Rusty (stuck in cajun country)