From: Dale Rogers <dale.r@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:22:12 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Ernest Christley <echristl@cisco.com> wrote:

> It wouldn't be so bad, except that I was running RAID-0 with /home
> spread across the drives.

   Ernest, you might want to give some thought to getting
a RAID 0+1 controller, if your current M/B or controller
don't support it.  It will cost you two more (identical)
drives, but drive are pretty cheap - less than $1/GB -
and I'll bet you'll spend more than two drives worth of
time trying to recover/restore your data.

   The SIIG IDE-RAID controller sells for less than $100.

Dale R.
COZY MkIV #1254