From: David Staten <Dastaten@earthlink.net>
Subject: "Flex plate" ??
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:20:16 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I obtained via Ebay an auto counterweight for the 89-later model turbo 13b and it came with an attached "flex plate".

I want to determine just WHAT the flex plate is.. its NOT a flywheel of sorts is it? Its ringed with teeth for the starter, and it has holes that MAY be useable for mounting... but I am not sure if the "flex plate" is in fact the auto flywheel? or something I need to remove from the weight when attaching a new flywheel (that has yet to be bought)..

Anyone who's using Tracy's PSRU's will probably know the answer but anyone's input is welcome.

(as you can tell, I am not a total motor-head.... but once you tell me I will never forget..)
Dave Staten