From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: still no insurance
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:24:43 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

Greetings,

SkySmith has been working on finding insurance for my rotary RV-3B for a couple weeks now, but so far, no luck.  The EAA program will only insure Powersports engines, and they don’t seem interested in even looking at Tracy’s products.  Anyone remember what the “E” is supposed to stand for?

SkySmith asked for quotes from 3 other companies as well.  One company said no to any rotary engine.  One company said no to the RV-3, regardless of the fact that it’s a 3B with the new wing.  The remaining company hasn’t replied with an answer yet.  I’d hate to think I’ve been holding onto my empty hanger for a year, just to have to give it up due to lack of insurance when the plane is done.  I’m also looking into building a gyro which is completely uninsurable.

I’m starting to face the possibility that I won’t be able to get insurance, and will be forced to find another airport arrangement.  I’m not too happy with the prospect, especially since I’ve requested 4 weeks of vacation to get the thing to the point where I can move it to the airport.  I’m bummed :-(

Rusty (uninsurable)

Turbo 13B powered RV-3 (experimental aircraft)...Be Afraid :-)

1993 RX-7 R1... Not stock, carry bail money :-)