From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Rotary-friendly insurance companies?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:20:42 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
    To satisfy the airport you can get ground insurance, meaning that
as soon as the wheels leave the ground you are uninsured and the insurance
starts again when you land, its real cheep.
    Ken Welter

Though I'd prefer in-flight coverage, I specifically asked Avemco about
ground coverage, and they said it wasn't available.  The only liability
policy they will offer is the one I mentioned, which does cover in-flight
liability.  I'm not sure they even realized it was going to be a rotary
engine, or they might not have offered anything.  I would certainly have
told them, but we just didn't get that far into the conversation.

Cheers,
Rusty