From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Ed/go around
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:20:32 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

Hi Barry,

    Yes, a stalled prop is not something I have had any experience with in the GA aircraft I flew, but I am rapidly gaining experience with it with my Rotary engine.  While the engine appears to be making gobs of power (and apparently is), only a portion of it is producing any useful thrust.  You can fly with it stalled, but acceleration is down considerable - right when you most need it - like take off or in your case a go-around.  And you are right, it certainly does add to the pucker factor {:>)

Ed

Ed,

Had to do a go around this weekend when an ultra lite cut me off. Once I had it going again the first thing that came to mind was you.  A stalled prop in the situation I was in would of been very puckery.

Barny MGDQ 20bt