From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: EWP
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:50:53 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Haywire" <haywire@telus.net>:

> Todd which water pump are you using?

I'm trying to decide on one for my Velocity. I'm
leaning towards the Mezeire remote as it's supposed to
pump 55 gal per min. However I don't know if You can
flow that much water thru 2 Evaperators.
                      John

Hi John;
I'm using the Davies Craig EWP from Australia. I don't know about now, but
at the time I was looking into them, all of the American pumps were for drag
racing, where controlled flow for continuous duty is undesirable.
The Australian pump is made for continuous duty and has a controller which
will vary the flow rate to maintain a set temperature. I wired a
potentiometer into this, mounted on my panel which will allow me to adjust
this in flight. Cooler = more power, Hotter = better fuel economy.
Another factor in choosing this pump was $$$$. It was less money and in
AUD. My Canadian dollar goes wayyyy further in Australia than in America.
Leon Promet was able to buy it for me at a substantial discount and ship it
to me.
Another factor is that to date Leon is the only one that I know that has
any experience with these pumps and since he was a big factor in my decision
to try one, I felt it was a good idea to use one he had success with.
While I'm not flying yet, I don't believe that a continuous, 55usg/m flow
is necessary or desirable. If you're not yet close to needing a pump, then
it might be good idea to wait until Leon has his test data for use, or until
I have flight data (2-3 months ????)

This is just one man's opinion...
S. Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B rotary powered
RV-9endurance (FWF)
C-FSTB
http://www3.telus.net/haywire/RV-9/C-FSTB.htm

          "Whatever you vividly imagine, Ardently desire, Sincerely believe
in, Enthusiastically act upon, Must inevitably come to pass".