From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Thick vs Thin
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:55:32 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "William" <wschertz@ispwest.com>:

I don't think I agree Dave, the flow of the air past the fins, etc.
influences the heat transfer coefficient. So the efficacy of the transfer
from metal to air is affected by the speed of the air flowing past the
surface. I maintain that you cannot separate the DRAG phenomina from the
heat transfer properties of the exchangers, they are interlinked. You also
have a space constraint to work with.

The heat transfer is affected by the design of the radiator (fins, flow
rate, thickness, etc.). Having a low drag radiator that doesn't cool won't
serve my needs.

Bill Schertz