From: rijakits <rijakits@cwpanama.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: EWP
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:12:21 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
Hi Paul,
sorry for the late answer....
I am answering also t o the next couple of posts that followed this one:
a) No Paul I didn't miss the 2 Mustangs - are they on any website? Not specifically about the EWP, but I also like Mustangs :))
b) Checked up on the TransAm. Seems to be a nice installation, but Al has a point, I would like to see some fullpower use, like road racing with road legal cars like the TransAm, to see wether it holds up with the heat there.
c) More convincing is always good! Please be so kind and send me whatever links you have! My e-mail address is on the way!
d) Mark has also a point IF the only means to hold the impeller is that set screw. I could see it on the TransAm site, but I certainly would hope there would be a key or spline to transmit the torque to the impeller.
e) On ACRE someone posted a list with WP and EWP makers.
Davis Craig gives 2000 hrs on the motor
Mezier 2500 hrs (according to the TransAm guy)
Stewart EMP Components gives 10000 hrs!!! and up to 55 GPM!! Anyone using a Stewart on their ride?    At least the hrs raise a warning flag with me! Such numbers are hard to proof or guarantee! The other two are more reasonable....

Again, if I see that it works I will give it some serious consideration when "my" time comes!

Thomas J.