From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Synthetic oil?
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:19:07 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Marc Wiese" <cardmarc@midsouth.rr.com>:
In your 93 FD, assuming you still have the oil metering attached and
running, I would suggest you ad 4 oz of TWCIII 2 cycle oil per fill up.
It helps lub the seals. And use regular non-synthetic oil in the
crankcase cause that is what the oil metering system uses to drip into
the housings.
As far as the mobil 1, it does not burn well in the rotor housings
(unlike regular non-synthetic oil) and leaves a residue that might build
up and lower your compression sooner rather than later.
Only those that run 2 cycle oil in the gas and disconnect the oil
metering pump should use a synthetic oil in the crankcase. Which is most
aircraft conversions and racing rx7s.............

Marc Wiese

I know that many, if not most of you, use synthetic oil in the engine.
Since I recently purchased a 93 RX-7, I've been following the RX-7
groups
for information.  I've read that many of the RX-7 folks swear by
synthetic
oil (Mobile 1 primarily), though they're quick to point out that Mazda
says
never to use synthetic in the rotary.  A local dealer even made a
point of
telling me this, stating that it would ruin the engine.  The