From: Ernest Christley <echristley@nc.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Pics of the Altima radiator
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:08:00 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Here's some pics that I think most will find interesting.

The cooling area of the radiator is 27"x13.5"x1".  The end tubes are 1"OD and 7/8"ID.  Several piece will get hacked off, and I'll plumb hose connectors directly to the top right and bottom left of the end tubes.

The first two pictures show my proposed positioning of the radiator within the airframe.  Most notable is the large amount of space available.  Everything aft of the back seat is usable, as long as it stays clear of the gear retraction mechanism and elevon control torque tube.  If one won't do it, I'll mount one on the other side.

The second picture tries to convey the 'quality' of the radiator.  All 33 of the cross tubes are flat, and though you can't tell from the picture, they acutally have fins inside the tubes.  The fins on the outside are also perforated for maximum heat exchange.  Overall, it is an extremely light and simple radiator.  The flat tubes will make for extra ruggedness in the vertical plane.

The only reason I think this may work flow-wise, is that the tubes do not bend.  If I deliver water to the top, it is a straight downhill run.    However, the only way I'm going to be able to measure the internal crossection of the cross tubes is to cut one out, and then I won't have a showpiece to work with.

--
----Because I can----
http://home.nc.rr.com/deltabuilder