From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Atkins parts
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:02:22 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>:
Great looking parts, Marv

     Wish my motor mount did not interfer with such a set up,  as I would be
tempted.

Regarding the injectors.  I would recommend that you go with the set up Dave
recommended.  I initially had a set up with 4 injectors on a similar
throttle body.  I could never eliminate a moment of hesitation if I opened
the throttle quickly.  The two primaries in the block take care of quick
throttle respons - no hesitation since I stuck the two primaires in the
block.  On the other hand, there is some indication that for better BSFC the
injectors need to be further away from the rotor to give the fuel more time
to atomize before entering the combustion chamber.  Even with the stock
Mazda they stick in those little plastic fuel screens/diffusers in front of
each injector nozzle to breakup and better atomize the fuel jet.  So
primaries in the block for quick throttle response and secondaries back a
bit for better BSFC makes sense.  In any case, I recommend using the
injector diffusers. FWIW

Ed Anderson

I told you I'd send along some pics of the wrap-over intake manifold and
the throttle body that Dave & Kathy Atkins are selling as soon as they
came
in...