From: Jack Beale <jackbeale@direcpc.com>
Subject: Wing Mounted Radiators...? Here's an example from history...
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:47:31 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Cc: Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net>

The aircraft I just happened to see and photograph at Sun-N-Fun last Summer seems to have had a similar wing-mounted radiator...  Worked then...

Jack Beale

Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: oil coolers

That looks wonderful, Al, BUT.... I have to wonder..  any loss of lift or disruption  with the use of that arrangement?

Anyone else doing it that way or are you the first that you know of..

Only one other that I know of that has flown, and it was on a lesser scale – two aircraft coolers side by side.  Similar location, just behind the spar on a Velocity.  The cooling was very effective, and no noticeable effect on flight characteristics.  I have about twice as large (long) an opening, and on both sides (other wing has a coolant radiator of similar configuration.  Still it is a relative tiny amount of flow, and if the top fairings maintain attached flow as planned, I’m confident the effect on aerodynamics will not be an issue.  But it is an experimental concept, that’s for sure.