From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuel Injection
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:42:34 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "sqpilot@earthlink" <sqpilot@earthlink.net>:

The regulator controls the pressure in the entire
fuel
rail system, not just the point it is hooked to.  It regulates by bleeding
off enough fuel to reduce system pressure to the desired point.

   Hi, Tracy....thank you for that detailed explanation.  The light finally
came on, and I understand it now. Unfortunately, I have only had carburetors
in the past, and the EFI is all new to me.  One last question came to mind
as I was imagining the fuel returning to the sump tank.  Is it normally a
large volume of fuel that returns to the tank, or just a trickle.  I ask
that because I need to consider how large of a sump tank to incorporate into
my fuselage.  Thanks again, Tracy.    Paul Conner