From: Michael D. Callahan <micallahan@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: emachineshop ?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:37:26 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Joining thermocouple extension leads
Heheh... Additionally, there's now a big Van Norman 22L mill and a Steptoe Western 12X 12" universal toolroom shaper in that picture.
    The home shop is still under construction (about to pour a concrete floor in the building, it's dirt right now). I have my little 9x20 Jet lathe in the basement garage right now, but there's an 18x72" Lodge and Shipley waiting for the floor. Also a Van Norman 2G bridge mill sitting patiently.
    The floor will also let me bring my airplane and engine up here with me (did you notice the rotor in the foreground of the shop pic?). I have been going nuts not being able to work on it.
    After the floor is in, I have to try to get an engine kit for my welder. A guy GAVE me a Lincoln SAE-300 Shieldarc with a 2-53 Detroit Diesel (the engine has locked from disuse). That should be able to burn a rod the size of your leg.  Mike C.